future150 facebook future150 twitter
Get Exposure  /  F150 Report  GET SOCIAL:

2017 G Marquis Godwin discusses recent visits, recruitment
Posted: 27 October 2015 08:01 PM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
Rank
Total Posts:  23
Joined  2014-09-30

2017 SG Marquis Godwin has been taking some visits recently to get a better feel of some of the schools who have been recruiting him. He officially lists offers from Furman, Hampton, Hofstra, Howard, Maryland-Eastern Shore, Norfolk State, Old Dominion, Rice, and Richmond. He also has a plethora of other schools showing interest like Clemson and East Carolina just to name a few.

Speaking of East Carolina, that was one of Godwin’s most recent visits and thing seemed to go pretty well.

“I was very impressed with Coach Lebo’s accomplishments, McDonalds All-American coming out of high school, four-year starter at North Carolina, etc.,” Godwin said.

Jeff Lebo is surely doing some good things down in Greenville, SC and seems to be off to a good start in pursuing Marquis.

“I loved the facilities and learned a couple things while observing practice. Overall it was a great visit.”

Furman was the other school that Marquis recently visited, this visit was probably a bit more open and personal considering they extended an offer to Godwin during his time on campus.

“Furman was the most beautiful campus I’ve been to so far during my recruiting process. The academic programs there are one of the best in the country, which is a very important factor to me,” Godwin told me.

The paladin’s are building a good reputation with a good mixture of high academics and athletics which is attracting kids who are looking for high academic levels, Furman is nipping at the heels of the guys like Harvard, Brown, and Yale.

“I really appreciate Coach Medved for offering me a scholarship to come and play at such a great university.”

Marquis certainly has a bright future ahead of him as one of the top SG’s in North Carolina in the 2017 class, he should expect many more schools to start recruiting him as he begins his junior season at Christ School. Godwin will be traveling to Clemson on November 7th for his next unofficial visit.

“I’m really looking forward to my Clemson visit!”

Login
Register