future150 facebook future150 twitter
Get Exposure  /  F150 Report  GET SOCIAL:

2016 G Kamari Newman commits to George Mason
Posted: 19 October 2015 12:43 PM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
Rank
Total Posts:  23
Joined  2014-09-30

Monday afternoon, 2016 SG Kamari Newman decided to announce that he will be playing his college basketball at George Mason University. A huge pickup for the GMU staff as Newman is one of the elite 2016 prospects in the state of Michigan, regarded as the one of best shooting guards in the state by most outlets as well. Newman chose the Patriots over a handful of other schools including Buffalo, Cleveland State, Detroit, Robert Morris, and St. Bonaventure’s among others.

“George Mason had a very good situation for me. Their playing style is similar to the way my high school plays,” said Newman.

Newman is an electric scorer with good bounce in his step, he is athletic enough to play some time at small forward in small ball line ups at the next level. The similarities in the style of play weren’t the only things that helped Kamari choose George Mason as his future college home.

“They’re about more than just basketball (at George Mason). They want me to develop not only as a player, but as a person as well.”

George Mason is certainly a special program that has seen plenty of proud moments. One of those moments that is easiest to remember would be their unbelievable Final Four run during the 2006 NCAA Tournament as they knocked off two top three seeds in order to get there. Since the 2012-13 season they’ve seen a few down years, but obviously aren’t slowing down on the recruiting trail.

“My relationship with Coach Paulsen is great, and the rest of the staff just made me feel like family. Overall it just felt like a (second) home for me.”

Kamari joins a very solid 2016 class with guards Ian Boyd, Justin Kier, and big man Troy Temara. With a plethora of talented underclassmen who will be turned upperclassmen once Kamari enrolls, expect George Mason to get back on the map and make their first NCAA Tourney appearance since the 2010-11 season.

Login
Register