future150 facebook future150 twitter
Get Exposure  /  F150 Report  GET SOCIAL:

William Lee
Posted: 22 October 2013 07:26 PM   [ Ignore ]
Div III Player
RankRank
Total Posts:  51
Joined  2012-03-13

While I was in Montgomery this weekend, I had the opportunity to talk to a lot of people about 2014 Dallas County (Ala.) PF William Lee.

Lee is down to Alabama, Georgia, Mississippi State, SMU, and UAB, but I have come to the conclusion that this is a two team race between the Dawgs and Mustangs.

SMU has made a strong push despite coming on late in the process, and I am told by a source that his official visit to Dallas over the weekend was a success. From what I have heard, Larry Brown had Allen Iverson on campus for the visit, too. SMU offers Lee the ability to come in and play right away, along with a style that fits his play. The only thing that doesn’t necessarily fit is proximity to home (if he is looking for that). For now, I have my Crystal Ball favoring the Mustangs.

FWIW: Talked to a college coach that is not involved with Lee and he believes SMU “is in great shape right now.”

Georgia has been the leader for Lee for a long time, and head coach Mark Fox and assistant Phillip Pearson have done an outstanding job recruiting him. They have made him the top target for awhile, as they stalked him during the evaluation periods. Multiple sources did indicate to me they think the four-star forward will end up at UGA, but they did admit that was before SMU came on strong. Georgia

Many people are on the Alabama boat, but I think with Jimmie Taylor and other post players on-board right now, it has certainly hurt the Tide. I will also note that in March, Lee told me he wasn’t thrilled with staying in-state to play his college ball.

For right now, I’m favoring SMU, but I think Georgia will have the last say.

Signature 

Follow Garrett on Twitter @GTuckerF150 for more info on recruiting.

You can also .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) me

Posted: 29 October 2013 03:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Div III Player
RankRank
Total Posts:  51
Joined  2012-03-13

Lee had a flawless visit to Alabama over the weekend and the Crimson Tide is right in there for his commitment. However, I still think Georgia wins out. UGA feels confident and they have a lot to offer.

SMU is presumably out, but they are a darkhorse.

Lee may have a commitment by the end of the week.

Signature 

Follow Garrett on Twitter @GTuckerF150 for more info on recruiting.

You can also .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) me

Login
Register