future150 facebook future150 twitter
Get Exposure  /  F150 Report  GET SOCIAL:

Micah Potter picks
Posted: 20 April 2015 03:56 PM   [ Ignore ]
Div III Player
RankRank
Total Posts:  87
Joined  2014-10-30

2016 C Micah Potter (OH) verbally committed to Ohio State minutes ago.  I saw Micah play against Norcross (GA) in December.  Here are a few thoughts:

Micah is a more traditional center.  He is NOT going to handle the ball 18’ from the basket and put a dribble on the deck.  He will operate 10’ and in and he will thrive in that region.  Norcross was much, much quicker at every position, so Potter was somewhat minimized in the game.  He managed 14 points and probably 8+ rebounds in a 71-39 loss.

Strengths:
Offensive Rebounding
Upper Body Strength
Free Throws
Feel for the Game

Weaknesses:
Lateral mobility
Elite Handle

Potter projects as a 11 ppg, 6 rpg player in the Big 10.  He has a really nice shooting touch inside the lane.  He doesn’t explode off of the floor, but has strong enough shoulders that he will keep many defenders away from his release point.  I think the Big 10 will suit his game well.  He will have real problems defending a Michigan-type team though.  He doesn’t have the foot speed to keep with a face-up four.  And Michigan loves to invert the offense and recruit outside shooters at every single position. 

As a freshman Potter will be a little better than Trey McDonald.  I like the skills Micah already has more than McDonald brought to campus.  He probably could comfortably play at 6’10” 255. 

Login
Register