future150 facebook future150 twitter
Get Exposure  /  F150 Report  GET SOCIAL:

2017 SF David Caraher committs to Butler
Posted: 18 February 2015 03:51 PM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
Rank
Total Posts:  23
Joined  2014-09-30

Tuesday night was a special night for the Caraher family and the Butler basketball program as 2017 SF David Caraher verbally committed to play for Coach Holtman and staff.

To the ones that have been following David’s recruitment closely this shouldn’t have been much of a surprise. Caraher’s recruitment process lately had the feel that Butler was the clear favorite and the question wasn’t if he will commit to the Bulldogs, but when?

Butler fans should be very excited as this could be the second coming of Gordon Hayward. Caraher has averages this season of around 20 points, 16 boards, and 7 assists per game. Caraher can score at all three levels and is the ultimate team player as he will do whatever it takes to win. Which is the main special characteristic that David possesses he is a true winner.

Caraher followed up with me the day after he committed and told me why he felt comfortable doing it now even though he’s just a Sophomore. David told me, “The team is like one big family and they really depend one each other and have each others back. Coach Holt really made me feel at home from the beginning and there is really no other school I would want to play my college basketball at.” Sounds like David would of went ahead and signed his letter of intent yesterday if he could have, seems to have a true passion for the rising program in Indianapolis.

I also asked David what he felt like he will gain or accomplish when he plays at Butler. He responded to me with this, “I feel Butler is going to prepare me for the next level and will help me be a better person. Butler is top of the line academically & I feel that the coaching staff and players will be capable of making noise in the NCAA Tournament and bring home a national championship. Overall they have a great pedigree, and I will gain plenty of great memories and lessons that I will be able to carry with me throughout all of my life.”

David is very excited that he is committed to a school now and told me what he feels he can focus on now that his recruitment process has came to an end.

“I definitely feel like I can focus more on school in general, along with my high school and AAU basketball career. The pressure of the recruitment process wasn’t overwhelming but I could feel it for sure. There is still some pressure now, and it will always be there, that is just what comes along with being a high major recruit.” David was right on the money with that last part, these guys are always pressured even after they pick a school.

David continued on talking about prepping himself for Big East basketball in a few more years. “I’m really going to try to get in the weightroom and work with my dad since he is a strength and conditioning coach. He is going to get my body ready for the Big East and ready to handle the work load that comes with it.”

Caraher seems very excited to play for Butler, and looks to prepare himself for the wear and tear that college basketball will bring him. David has gotten the Bulldogs off to a great start in their class of 2017 recruitment and will likely be one of the higher rated recruits to pass through Butler these past few seasons.

Continue to follow Future150 as we track David’s progress throughout his final two seasons of AAU and high school.

Login
Register