VIEW CAMPS: BASKETBALL CAMPS
future150 facebook future150 twitter
Get Exposure  /  F150 Report  GET SOCIAL:

Who are some of the TOP teams out there this year?
Posted: 18 October 2013 12:28 PM   [ Ignore ]
JUCO Player
Rank
Total Posts:  10
Joined  2013-10-18

A couple clear choices for me:

Huntington Prep
Findlay Prep
Mater Dei
Whitney Young
Prime Prep

Posted: 18 October 2013 03:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Div III Player
RankRank
Total Posts:  65
Joined  2012-04-17

All five of those programs will, as usual, be loaded from top to bottom. A few other programs to take note of before the season starts are…

- Bishop Gorman (NV) - They will feature 7-foot post Stephen Zimmerman (ranked #2 nationally in 2015) as well as 6-foot-9 forward Chase Jeter (ranked #39 nationally in 2015). The Gaels are always loaded, so expect no different this season.

- Plano West (TX) - This team is going to rely on a slew of newcomers, but there is no shortage of talent in the program. D.J. Hogg, Soso Jamabo, Tyler Davis, Ohio State commit Mickey Mitchell, and Avery Johnson Jr. lead an absolutely loaded crew of prospects ready to make noise this season.

- Callaway (MS) - The reigning state champions in Mississippi return the #1 prospect in the 2015 class nationally, Malik Newman. They also feature a top 10 prospect in the 2016 class nationally, which is 6-7 wing Mario Kegler. Look for them to steamroll through their state schedule.

- White Station (TN) - The most powerful team in Tennessee this season will be the Spartans. They feature two top 30 prospects in the 2014 class, Illinois commit Leron Black and Florida commit Chris Chiozza. They also feature 2014 guard Davell Roby, 2015 PG Nych Smith (ranked #25 nationally in 2015), and welcome the best freshman in the city, PG Blake Williams (ranked #8 nationally in 2017).

- Apple Valley (MN) - They will be led by Tyus Jones, Future150’s #1 prospect in the 2014 class. They also have 2016 C Brock Bertram anchoring the middle at 6-10, 240-pounds. They will definitely be a program worth watching this season.

Those are just a few programs that I’m looking forward to seeing!

Signature 

Future150 Analyst

Posted: 18 October 2013 03:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
JUCO Player
Rank
Joined  2013-10-18

That is a great response! Very in depth, thank you for taking the time to do that!

I completely forgot that Brock Bertram is at Apple Valley. And that Plano West team is LOADED!

White Station is nasty good. I was ready to add them to my list but I wanted to hear from others. I think there are so other names out there that we will hear from this year that will surprise us. I am anxious to see who this year’s “Prime Prep” will be.

Posted: 24 October 2013 03:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
JUCO Player
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2013-09-25

North Little Rock Wildcats from North Little Rock Arkansas is easily the frontrunner to repeat as Super Conference 7A State champs. This team is loaded with a handful of Future 150 nationally ranked players that can compete on a national level. Poised by PG Anton Beard(#62-2014) at the helm, with possibly the most talented of them all SG KeVaughn Allen(#19-2015). And with talented swingmen K.J. Hill(#72-2015) and Adrian Moore(#20-2016) tagging along. This team is coming off of a 26 game winning streak after losing the first game of the season by one at the buzzer to a Missouri team. They blew through the rest of the schedule hoisting up the trophy last March without the services of Beard and Moore who are just transferring in from other schools. These guys really should be ranked NATIONALLY.  Stay Tuned…... @y2kceo

Posted: 24 October 2013 04:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Div III Player
RankRank
Total Posts:  65
Joined  2012-04-17

North Little Rock is definitely going to be loaded. If I’m not mistaken, they will also be welcoming 6-foot-10 post Sam Dunkum, who is transferring in from Little Rock Christian. I had a chance to see him at our Future150 Main Event Houston as well as another spring event, and liked his potential. I’ve also heard that he’s made some big time strides since then.

Signature 

Future150 Analyst

Posted: 12 November 2013 12:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
JUCO Player
Rank
Joined  2013-10-18

I got the chance to watch Genesis Academy out of Lynchburg, VA this weekend at the Quality Education Invititational. Do NOT sleep on this team. Good LORD they are fun to watch. Marquez Letcher out of Houston had a BIG game. Mike Williams, a 2016 PG from Houston is a HIGH major kid. They also have Josh Hall and Greg Williams and Josh Hall. Both 2016 kids with multiple high major offers! Consider me impressed.

Login
Register