future150 facebook future150 twitter
Get Exposure  /  F150 Report  GET SOCIAL:

Jorge Rosa Playing Under the Radar
Posted: 21 June 2012 06:06 PM   [ Ignore ]
Div III Player
RankRank
Total Posts:  51
Joined  2012-03-13

In a class full of talent from top to bottom, it is easy to become overlooked.

A talented young man named Jorge Rosa has fallen into that category. Rosa is a 6-foot-3 shooting guard
in the class of 2013 and resides in Orlando, Florida. He plays for Faith Christian High School and will be
playing for Team Florida this summer.

Last season in high school, Rosa averaged 25 points per game. As a two guard, he added eight
rebounds and two assists per game.

The acknowledgment from colleges has not been abundant for this young athlete, but some have
started to take notice and one college will get a high-quality basketball player when his recruitment is
completed.

The colleges in the running for Rosa are as follows: “Miami (FL), Clemson, Virginia Tech, George Mason,
Gardner-Webb, Georgia, Georgia Southern, FIU, UMass, South Alabama, USF, VCU, Bethune-Cookman,
Tulane, Denver, Colorado, Jacksonville, Florida Gulf Coast, and Memphis.”

That is a long list of schools recruiting him, but only a few schools are recruiting him harder than the
others.

Rosa voices, “I’m being recruited the hardest by Jacksonville, FGCU, and Miami at the moment. Those
are the coaches that I have talked to recently.”

“But with the new rule opening up on June 15, I expect
to be in contact with a lot more other schools more often,” Rosa said.

When asked if he had a favorite school, Rosa replies with, “I don’t have favorites or any school sticking
out in particular on my list, but my dream is to play for the Florida State University.”

With the new rule taking place and a well-played summer by Rosa, it could help gain Florida State’s
interest.

He does not have any visits planned at this time, but has already taken unofficial visits to the University
of Miami and Florida Gulf Coast University.

Rosa has been under the radar up until this point, but it looks like all that could change.

Tyler Mounce contributed to this report

Signature 

Follow Garrett on Twitter @GTuckerF150 for more info on recruiting.

You can also .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) me

Login
Register

‹‹ Dream Team      Tennessee Hosting Big Weekend ››